Setting up a new geolocation
1. Go to Settings > Clocking points.
2. Create a new clocking point: Geolocation.
3. Adding new geolocation will allow you to choose the point and radius of the location on a map.
4. The geolocation is then detected by the mobile app.
Clocking point is recorded
1. Go to Timelines > Employee day
2. Click on the arrow under Clockings and datails (clocking point, origin, exact time) of the clocking will be displayed.
In this example user clocked on clocking point ''Spica SLO - Main entrance''
In this example user clocked on location which is not listed in clocking points. If you click on the Show on map, map will open up and show you location of the clocking.
Several geolocations on one clocking point
You can use several geolocations on the same clocking point. This way you can cover a wider area.
You can combine geolocations or even time terminals with beacons in the same clocking point.
For example, you can name one clocking point as Company HQ and add different devices or geolocations that represent this one location.
Alternatively, you can have one geolocation per clocking point for maximum accuracy in reports. In this case, it is best to name both the Geolocation and the Clocking point with the same name!
Clock-in can be limited to geolocations and beacons.
This means an employee can only clock in once the mobile app has detected that they are in an approved location such as your company's address.
We call this option Geofencing and it is controlled on the user's permissions.