The Employee role is set to only use the system for themselves. This means this user can only see their own data and manage it based on permissions given here:
Employee role defaults:
- See 4 basic views in the app but only for themselves
- Can clock-in on web and mobile
- Cannot clock events for any chosen time. Clocking can be performed in realtime only to prevent abuse
- Editing and deleting clocking events is disabled
- Absences must be requested
- Absences cannot be edited or deleted except when they are still pending for approval
- User is allowed to clock-in from anywhere (geofencing is disabled)
Employee role in practice - turning on Geofencing
A quick overview of the standard settings for an employee level user are shown on the screenshot below.
Geofencing was turned on which means employees can now only clock-in on the mobile app when they are in a correct Geolocation or near a Beacon.
Geofencing in practice
When an employee with Geofencing turned on is not on the correct location or near a beacon, the mobile app buttons are greyed out (disabled). The employee has to be in the correct place such as your office to be allowed to clock-in:
Button for clocking disabled since the location is not authorized
and there are no beacons in range: