Finding the needed parameters
You will need the following beacon parameters to add the beacon to All Hours:
- Major value
- Minor value
The easiest way to find these parameters is to scan your beacon with a scanning application. We recommend these two:
Open the app, make sure Bluetooth is turned on, and scan for beacons. If you have several beacons they will be presented one after the other as seen below.
Example of scanning several beacons:
Adding a beacon to All Hours:
- Go to Settings >> Clocking points
- Add a new clocking point by giving it a name and clicking save:
3. You are presented with a view where you can add different devices and geolocations:
4. Adding a beacon will open the form to add UUID, Major and Minor values as well as a name:
Once added, the beacon is detected by the mobile app on the bottom of the home screen:
Clocking point is recorded
In our example, users clocking-in on this beacon will be shown as having clocked in on Clocking point named "Beacon tutorial":
Several beacons on one clocking point
- You can use several beacons on the same clocking point. This way you can cover a wider area or several rooms at once.
- You can combine geolocations or even time terminals with beacons in the same clocking point.
- For example, you can name one clocking point as Company HQ and add different devices that represent this one location.
- Alternatively, you can have one device, beacon or geolocation per clocking point for maximum accuracy in reports