The period counter (accrual) tracks the amount of time or number of instances on a period level.
- Go to Settings/Global Time Rules/Accruals view and select Add new accrual button.
⭐ Note: If you do not see the view, contact your account administrator to give you appropriate permissions.
2. Enter the desired counter name and proceed with the Save button.
3. By default, the counter type is set to the Number of instances. To change the type, select the Edit button in the counter header and select the desired type. At the moment, the following types are available:
- Number of instances - The counter tracks the number of source appearances within a single day. If the source is present multiple times, the counter value is increased by 1 each time.
- Number of days with instances - The counter tracks the number of source appearances within a single day. If the source is present multiple times, the counter value is increased by 1 only on the first appearance.
- Time value - The counter tracks the amount of time for the related source(s) within a single day.
4. Next, you need to set counter calculation parameters by selecting the Edit button on the right side of the time period switcher.
5. Currently, the following counter parameters can be set:
- Sources - The source increases or decreases the counter value. The source type can be Absence or Calculation result.
- Conditions: Source categories - To limit the counter to a specific category, select desired category from the list (e.g. To only track the sick time you would select Sick leave category).
- Conditions: Days - To limit the counter to a specific day(s), select the desired days from the list.
- Conditions: Intervals - To limit the counter to a specific time period in a day, define From and To parameters.
- Restrictions by values - To limit the calculation by setting a daily threshold condition.
- Action Events - Action events can automatically alter the counter value when they appear, but for basic counters, they are not necessary.
6. Finish the process by selecting the Save button. The Period selection dialogue will appear where you select from what point in time the rule will be valid. Select the appropriate time point and select the Save button.